(INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.) – The National Collegiate Athletic Conference (NCAA) has announced the tournament field and regional assignments for the 2013 NCAA Division III Softball Championship and the Thomas More College Saints (24-17) will travel to Angola, Indiana to play Capital University (34-10) on Thursday (May 9, 2013) in a first round game of the Angola regional hosted by Trine University at the Trine Softball Field. First pitch for the game is scheduled for 4 p.m.
The Saints, the No. 7-seed in the regional, are making their fifth appearance in the NCAA Division III Softball Championship after winning the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) Championship Tournament title and earning the conference's automatic bid to the tournament.
The Crusaders, the No. 2-seed, is making their fourth appearane in the NCAA Division III Softball Championship. Capital won the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) regular season, but lost in the OAC Championship Tournament and received one of the 19 at-large bids to the tournament.
2013 NCAA Division III Softball Championship
Angola, Ind. Regional
Thursday, May 9
- Game 1: #1 Trine vs. #8 Anderson, 10 a.m.
- Game 2: #4 Aurora vs. Mount Union, 12 p.m.
- Game 3: #3 John Carroll vs. #6 Allegheny, 2 p.m.
- Game 4: #2 Capital vs. #7 Thomas More, 4 p.m.
Friday, May 10
- Game 5: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2, 10 a.m.
- Game 6: Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4, 12 p.m.
- Game 7: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2, 2 p.m.
- Game 8: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 4 p.m.
Saturday, May 11
- Game 9: Winner Game 6 vs. Loser Game 7, 10 a.m.
- Game 10: Winner Game 5 vs. Loser Game 8, 12 p.m.
- Game 11: Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 2 p.m.
- Game 12: Winner Game 10 vs. Winner Game 11, 4 p.m.
Sunday, May 12
- Game 13: Winner Game 12 vs. Loser Game 11, 12 p.m.
- Game 14: Winner Game 11 vs. Winner Game 13, 2 p.m.
Monday, May 13
- Game 15 (If Necessary): Winner Game 14 vs. Loser Game 14, 10 a.m.
Tickets are general admission and available at the gate
- All-Session Adult pass: $15
- All-Session Seniors over 65 and children under 12: $6
- All-Session Student (with ID): $6
- Single-Day Adult: $5
- Single-Day Seniors over 65 and children under 12: $2
- Single-Day Student (with ID): $2
- Children age 2 and under are admitted free with a paying adult.
- No complimentary passes or pass lists will be accepted
- Spectators must keep their ticket for re-entry upon leaving the facility.